The McGeoch 1000 is our tribute to the late John McGeoch. His SG 1000 was a guitar built by Yamaha Musical Instruments between 1973 and 1988. The guitar combined a modern feel and sounds with a more traditional look and went on to become the guitar of the British post-punk era. John used his Yamaha in Magazine, Siouxsie and the Banshees and Public Image.
For those unfamiliar with McGeoch's work, here is an excellent audio documentary on youtube.
Features & Specs
- BODY: Solid Mahogany with Carved Maple Top
- NECK: SET Mahogany
- FINGERBOARD: Pao Ferro, Split Arrow Markers with binding on neck and headstock
- SCALE LENGTH:24 3/4 " (628mm)
- WIDTH AT NUT: 1 11/16 " (42mm)
- PICKUPS: Dual Humbuckers
- SWITCHING: 3-way
- CONTROLS: 2 Volume, 2 Tone
- BRIDGE: Tune-o-matic
- HARDWARE: Gotoh Nickel/Chrome
- Average Weight: 8.5 lbs (More Info on Weight)
This guitar is located at our Liverpool, UK warehouse. Additional shipping fees may apply for addresses outside of the UK, calculated at checkout.